Red House School
TGA Consulting Engineers LLP were employed by Red House School to undertake a number of duties ranging from undertaking a full survey and reporting on the condition and suitability of existing installations to design and site supervision of the junior school extension.
Red House School was founded in 1929 and has expanded over the years to include primary education and nursery places in addition to the core 11 to 18 year old education.
The main buildings are located in the historic Green in the Centre of Norton, near Stockton upon Tees, with the Junior School originally occupying the old Vicarage building.
The school required the construction of a new building linked to the existing junior school, along with landscaping of the grounds to create new car parking and vehicular access to minimise disruption to the adjoining properties. In conjunction with DKS architects, TGA Consulting Engineers LLP prepared tender drawings and specifications for the junior school extension. A conventional tender approach was adopted leading to Interserve, Veale Nixon and H Malone and Sons being appointed to undertake the works on site. Upon practical completion of the junior school extension, DKS Architects and TGA Consulting Engineers were appointed to undertake further modifications to the main schools, which were completed in August 2006.