Cartwright Hall Art Gallery
category Arts and Culture, Museums and Galleries
client Redman Design
project value £1M
TGA were commissioned through specialist exhibition designers Redman Design to design and supervise enhancements to gallery services within this Art Gallery.
Cartwright Hall is a purpose built art gallery, operated by Bradford Museums, located within a Grade II* listed building. It contains the largest collection of Indian sourced art in the UK, outside of London.
The works were completed in 2008 at a cost of just under £1m.
TGA designed new display lighting systems along with power distribution systems within the galleries. We also replaced large parts of the electrical infrastructure systems which were not capable of meeting the new loading requirements.
TGA have worked frequently with Redman on project of this nature. Other examples include:
- The Discovery Museum in Newcastle (including the Turbinia display, the Story of the Tyne Gallery, the Working Lives Gallery, Tyneside Challenge and Playtyne Galleries)
- The Experience TV Galleries at the National Museum of Photography, Film and Television in Bradford
- The Weston Park City Museum in Sheffield
- The main exhibition hall in the Museum of Scottish Industrial Life, Summerlee Heritage Park, near Glasgow
- The Cardiff Museum, phase 1 – Cardiff Story
New display lighting systems